Seasystems is a Norwegian company with a long tradition of supplying robust and cost-effective mooring solutions in three segments: oil & gas, fish farming and floating wind.
The company works on projects all over the world from design to product/system delivery, usually for anchoring various structures at sea.
Seasystems has a long tradition of supplying robust and cost-effective products and cooperation and understanding the client needs is always in focus, its Procurement and Fabrication Manager Muhamed Becirbegovic said.
In BiH, Seasystems uses different suppliers metal industry for fabrication of equipment for above mentioned segments and volume depends on the type and number of projects, Mr Becirbegovic said:
“Last year, Seasystems completed two projects in Banja Luka, one of which was for anchoring windmills at great depths where we delivered brackets for anchoring these windmills.”
“We are satisfied with the quality of work, but we have various challenges of an administrative nature,” Mr Becirbegovic said:
“Cost in BiH compared to Norway is much lower while the country is close to EU Croatian harbours for the shipping of our products to our customers that are worldwide. We have had shipments from BiH to Asia and this worked very well.”
“We plan to use suppliers in BiH on our future projects, but since we are project based company it is its difficult to estimate future need and volumes,” he added, and listed the main advantages and problems related to working in BiH:
- Industry workers in BiH are experienced, skilled and hardworking.
- Logistics via Croatia and the Netherlands works well
- Easy to travel from Norway to BiH
- For our part, heavy bureaucracy in customs procedurs, this sometimes leads to unnecessary difficulties.
- Unclear laws and regulations in some areas for foreign companies operating in BiH. For instance, there is no possibility to register company for VAT purposes.
- Health, security and environment (HSE) needs to be improved in some locations. Worker consciousness about HSE needs to be improved.